We have been working to establish our aims as a growing partnership and have updated the homepage of the website to reflect this, you can view this here.
A further three organisations have joined us including; Surviving Work, A Disorder 4 Everyone and the Free Psychotherapy Network. This takes us up to 11 organisations, including CTUK and:
• Psychotherapy and Counselling Union
• Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibility
• The Alliance for Counselling and Psychotherapy
• The Person Centred Association
• The College of Psychoanalysts
• UK Person-Centred Experiential
• The National Counselling Society
I want to make clear at this point that the different orgnisations do not endorse each other, but we are simply collaborating on our shared purpose which is; To hold open a space to protect counselling and psychotherapy from restrictive standardisation and homogenisation, supporting the wide range of good practice in the field.
We will still have our own voice and continue to do the work we do, and we will assess moving forward how the partnership is working out for CTUK, checking with members along the way that you are happy with it.
I’ll get back to you when we have any more news to share. Hopefully soon!